It was an art project in the early years of primary school, probably when I was at the age of 8. We were given wooden clothes pegs to make a 3D object. I had big complicated ideas, ideas that I hoped would impress the art teacher. I spent hours trying to make something wonderful and impressive. My thoughts were too confusing and I couldn't express my idea in a physical form. At the young age it frustrated me. For once I didn't want to resolve to my mum's help in art. I wanted to complete the project solo. I walked around the house trying to get inspiration. I looked around the bathroom staring at the shiny marble tiles. I spotted an empty role of toilet paper, those brown cylinder roles. I took it and went searching for another one. I then broke the pegs in 2 and glued the peg pieces around the brown cylinder roles. Finally I glued the two cylinder roles together. Walah, a binoculars! It was the first time I had gotten an A in art. I was proud.
I'm not sure why I thought back on this memory. It might be the intense amount of supplements I've been 'trying' to write for my US University applications. It might be my need to write something on this blog. It could be the want to go back to those carefree days; that looking back now makes me chuckle. Time is flying by so fast; and I'm growing older faster than I wished for. I remember times when my best friends and I dreamed of studying overseas and being in University. We're here and I kind of wish we weren't. At least not yet. But this is life and I'm thankful for how my life has turned out. It might not be the best life but it's been a very ideal one so far.
Ying
No comments:
Post a Comment